Thursday, April 28, 2011

Down and Dirty!!!

Charcoal
Charcoal
Both images above had to deal with nature. When I do these kind of drawings I don't make out sketches at all. I just start drawing..I would draw, erase, and redraw until I see something I want to work with..If you look at the drawings there could be layers and layers of drawings on top of one another..In a way, you can see how the drawings get developed or how it grows from a single line into the final image..I can never tell how the final image will look like..Every line I make is random..But some how I'm able to create these images.
Charcoal
I noticed that more and more people became more obsess with P90x the workout program. Not only that, they started to worry about how they look..So I wonder to myself..Why? Does it have to do with how you look? Your health? Or does it have to do with how society or Hollywood/magazine are telling you how you're suppose to look like? And so, this drawing came about..Beauty..What is it really? Photoshop?? Starvation?? Or is it really in the eye of the beholder?..or could it be low self-esteem?..Personally, if you want to know if you're healthy or have a problem, seek a doctor..As for being beautiful, everyone is beautiful. It's human nature to think otherwise...So, regardless of shape and sizes, we are all beautiful..
Pen and ink/watercolor

No comments: